STAY IN TOUCH
OUR WEBSITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION SO PLEASE EXCUSE THE DUST!
Banking, Insurance & General Workers Union
“We have a powerful potential in our youth, and we must have the courage to change old ideas and practices so that we may direct their power toward good ends.” Mary McLeod Bethune.
The Youth Committee was formed by the need to engage young workers to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of Trade Unionism, while developing on the ideals of solidarity and camaraderie among the branches of BIGWU. However, mobilizing/organizing this group of people has not been met with the enthusiasm, attention and support that has involved and maintained that spark in today’s young worker.
BIGWU Youth Committee will organise, educate and empower all our young members to ensure growth and succession within the Trade Union Movement.
1. To develop and maintain the interest of young person’s on the history and importance of the Trade Union Movement.
2. To promote a higher level of social and economic awareness amongst young persons.
3. To identify young leaders within our Union’s membership and ensure their continued growth and development.
4. To create and maintain a close-knit relationship amongst young person’s within the Union and other social youth groups.
5. To sensitize young person’s to their rights as a worker through education programs, thereby improving their working conditions